Followers

Wednesday, 13 July 2011

The Glance

This beautiful image is just one from lots of different decoupage sheets available from The Crafty Purple Frog. I happened to stumble across their challenge blog the other evening and couldn't resist buying a couple of them - something a bit different for me as I'm usually a rubber stamper and I found it very relaxing this evening cutting out the elements to make up this card. I'm entering this into their challenge this week which has the theme of Summer Sun- when I see butterflies I always think of summer and hope for warm sunny days as they flutter around the flowers.

cpd


I've managed to use up a few more bits from my scrap box and the ribbon is also from my stash pile. The ribbon border punch is a new acquisition for me - I was browsing the QVC website last week and came across a set of four Anna Griffin border punches and somehow they just ended up at my house - glad they did though as they are going to be very useful for future projects. The sentiment came from the July stamp set from Avocado Arts, just one of several that came with this months set. Below is a close up showing the depth that can be achieved with these images - I so enjoyed making this card up.

close up cpd

Now that the wedding invitations have been completed I'm hoping this will now free up the time for me to do some crafting for myself. I've got the favour boxes to make but I can't make them at the moment as 1. I'm waiting for the die to arrive from SU and 2. I don't know the exact number I need to make until I get responses from the invites.


Colette and I picked up the bridesmaids dresses this afternoon and they are gorgeous - all we need to do now is make arrangements with the dressmaker to have them fitted properly along with Colette's wedding dress - I've left that to Colette, but I may have to gently remind her a couple of times before it finally gets done!

2 comments:

crafty amy said...

Wow Linda this is stunning! That paper is so perfect for her and I love the ribbon you have used :D
I am so glad you had fun putting it together.
Thank you for joining us at CPF and for trying out for the DT. Good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Jill said...

What a fantastic card Linda, really unusual colours for you but I think you should do more really bright cards like that, the style definitely suits you!! Jill x