Followers

Monday, 11 July 2011

Cute Lily

This month I got to play with two more new releases from Queen Kat Designs. The first card I'm showing you this month is called Lily of the Valley and is by the artist Sue Miller and really is such a sweet image and is currently on sale with 40% off the original price. It's a very fine detailed stamp so needs only a minimal amount of colouring just to enhance the image. I opted to make a pyramage card for my first offering.


close up garden of paradise


Using my Creative Memories oval cutting shapes I cut out three different sized ovals and once I'd coloured them in using Promarkers I layered them on top of each other to give the pyramage effect. The papers I used came from a 6 x 6 My Mind's Eye paper pad which came free with a cardmaking magazine some time ago. The stitching is faux and was created using my pricking tool and piercing grid from SU and a white gel pen. The flowers were made using one of the Nellie Snellen punches and a small daisy punch with the addition of a gem in the centre. I've wrapped some twine around the card and hung the charm to fly among the flowers. Finally the sentiment came from one of my Whimsical Ink monthly kits. Thanks for looking and I hope you like it.


garden of paradise

5 comments:

Jill said...

Wow Linda, that's a gorgeous card! Love those colours. Jill x

Claire x said...

Such a pretty card Linda, love the colours and the detailed stitching. Hugs, Claire x

Decorables said...

What a wonderful way to use one of Sue Miller's stamps!

Annie said...

I'm lovin' that mix of colours Linda, perfect for summer. And that is a very pretty image, beautifully coloured.
hugs, annie x

Rainbow Studio's Rachel and Angela said...

What a super card - really gorgeous card, and colours. Love the embellishments you have used.
Just to let you know . . . . .
20% discount over at Rainbow Studio's!!
Take care
Rachel and Angela
xx