Followers

Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Mass Production due to take place soon!

I think I may have mentioned that our daughter Colette has decided to bring her wedding forward to October of this year and initially her colour theme was going to be teal. Colette and her partner Tim went looking for ties/cravats and waistcoasts to go with the bridesmaids dresses and then they realised that they had differing views on what teal was - Tim thought it was an aqua blue colour, while Colette thought it was more of a petrol blue/green colour. The end result was they decided to change the colour completely and have gone for a deep red instead!

Fortunately I hadn't made a start on the wedding invitations (although I had bought card and ribbon but that will always get used at some point) - for those of you that know the SU colours they have opted for a Cherry Cobbler red and yesterday evening I put together a wedding invitation card for them to have a look at and thankfully they both like it so from the weekend there will be a production line going on in my house as I want to have them completed and sent out by the end of June.


wed inv




I have to go out and buy some 5 x 7 cards as the SU Very Vanilla isn't robust enough to make a card base out of, but I think I've got enough of the Cherry Cobbler. The image is SU's Wedding Wheels stamp from the current mini catalogue which I have stamped with Versamark and then used gold embossing powder. I've used a nesties rectangle and fancy rectangle for the main image and then used SU's Top Note die and then run it through the Cuttlebug with a fancy embossing folder. Not sure if it shows in the photo but I've used SU's Sanded background stamp on the Cherry Cobbler backing card as I thought it looked a bit plain. Gold brads added to the points of the Top Note for a bit of extra shine. The sentiment I have no idea who the manufacturer is or where I got it from and just happened to come across it while searching for a suitable invitation stamp. I couldn't find my Magnolia wedding invitation stamp (which I bought some time ago especially for their wedding invitations) and believe it or not amongst all my other numerous stamps I don't appear to have another one!!!


Bridesmaids dresses were ordered this afternoon and should hopefully arrive sometime next week so just need to arrange for them to be fitted and adjusted as needed. Another job to tick of the list.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Nothing like putting the pressure on eh! Love that card though! See you tomorrow. Jill x

My name is Wynneth said...

This is a gorgeous design Linda - does look like a lot of work though, so I think you're going to be really busy !!!! Beautiful colour combo and I love the shape behind the fancy nestie, might have to investigate this die more closely !!!
hugs
wynneth
x