Followers

Sunday, 8 May 2011

Cute Card Thursday challenge

This weeks challenge on the Cute Card Thursday blog was to create a card with a chocolate theme - well this was the ideal opportunity to finally stamp up the set of Dark Room Door stamps I'd bought at the Westpoint craft show in April.

cute card thursday

I've used one of the two lovely images that come with the set and one of the sentiments from the same set. These have been inked using Versafine Sepia inkpad onto SU's Confetti White cardstock. The papers came free with a magazine I bought this week and are from a Nit Wits collection. I've matted and layered the main image using SU's Early Espresso and gold foil card from my stash and then framed it with one of the gorgeous new Nestie dies. I found some lovely rich chocolate brown ribbon in one of my ribbon boxes and used my bow maker so that it was nice and neat. Finally I added some roses which I'd made using the Marianne Creatables die.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Oooh those roses, gorgeous and what a great stamp, maybe I missed out on the April show then! Jill x

Annie said...

a delicious vintage style to your card Linda! and love the roses too - I'm till playing around with mine so will have to pick your brains for tips to getting them looking right!
hugs, annie x

Rainbow Studio's Rachel and Angela said...

Mmmmmm, choklit! Yum!
Those roses are so adorable. Gorgeous card
Linda

Lots of hugs
Rachel and Angela
xx

Kim Dellow said...

Totally lovely! Thanks for joining Cute Card Thursday this week. Kim

My name is Wynneth said...

This is gorgeous Linda, sorry it's taken me so long to get around to leaving you a comment on it. I do so love those DRD stamps !
hugs
wynneth
x