Followers

Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Avocado Arts Stamp Club - can a girl have too many stamps?

I came across this very new Stamp Club while blog hopping the other week. I'm not sure how I ended up at Kimberley's blog (one of the Avocado Arts Pit Crew), but from there I got the link to the Avocado Arts stamp club and their blog which has lots of inspiration on how to use their stamps. Those that know me also know I just can't resist stamps, but what I particularly liked about these (apart from the fantastic communication and superb service from Michele) was the fact they have now provided me with the opportunity to use up some of my scraps.

avocado arts 1

This is their first kit and includes lots of individual stamps which you can use to build up your own scene. They stamp out very crisp and are great to use directly onto your card to colour in or you can use them for paper piecing which is what I have done with my card. I've used up some scrap pink/red paper and stamped out the tulip image 10 times. I've cut out a circle from a scrap of pale yellow paper and stamped just one of the greetings onto it and then used one of the tiny circle shapes to build up a pattern on the circle using SU's Daffodil Delight ink pad. I've then inked the edges of the circle and added all the tulip shapes to create a larger flower. I might at the weekend make another card at the weekend but create more layers with the tulip stamp to give more depth to the design.


If you like the stamps find out more by clicking on the links above and if you decide to go for them please let them know I referred you to them as they also offer a referral draw giving you the chance to win a gift.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Ooh pretty pretty! Repeat after me 'I don't NEED Stamps!! But they are nice anyway! Jill x

Michelle Ogdahl said...

I LOVE what you have designed using the Avocado Arts stamps! So CUTE!! I would never have thought to use the flowers in this manner...ADORABLE :) AWESOME LAYOUT!! I can't wait to see what you create next.

Rainbow Studio's Rachel and Angela said...

What a gorgeous card Linda
Really love those flowers.
Take care
Rachel and Angela
xx

Faye said...

Linda, I am pleased to tell you, you can never have too many stamps! And this is just gorgeous. Hope you have a great weekend. xxx

Faye said...

Hi Linda, you can never have too many stamps. This is a fab card, gorgeous. Have a great weekend. xxx

Saxo Stamper said...

This is really lovely Linda, agree with the girls, you can never have too many stamps

k x