Followers

Sunday, 17 April 2011

Sketch Saturday inspiration.

I needed to make a card for my youngest son's fiancee as it's her birthday on the 19th. I'd already bought a stamp to use on Vicky's card - she loves horses and is also lovely and slim like Gwendoline in the card. I didn't quite know what to do until I came across this weeks challenge on Sketch Saturday and thankfully I was able to use their sketch and get the card done without a last minute panic!
sketch saturday

The paper and cardstock are SU, although the papers were a limited edition. The stamp I bought from Bunnyzoes crafts and is a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp and the girl is called Gwendoline - it also comes with the word Wish. I found some sheer ribbon which had a gorgeous lacy edge to it and have added that to the right side of the card and then used strips of patterned paper on top. The stamp was coloured in using a combination of Promarkers and Copic pens and I've inked around the circle (which was cut using my CM cutting system) with Dusty Concord distress ink. The sentiment is a Papermania greeting which again I've inked the edges. I finished the card off by adding some felt flowers and gems from SU.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oooh Linda that's a nice one, what a lovely image, Vicky will love that! Jill x

Rainbow Studio's Rachel and Angela said...

Hi Linda
Didn't scroll down properly before, and see these!!! This is lovely, any little girl would just love to receive this.
Take care

Rachel and Angela
xx