Followers

Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Introducing Alfie

I hope everyone enjoyed the Easter holiday - beautiful weather for a change. Thankfully I only had to work Sunday so I was able to get out and enjoy the sunshine and have plenty of time to craft too!

Yesterday I decided to ink up my new stamp Introducing Alfie from Rainbow Studios (have you guessed I like these images?)

Alfie

I've used the sketch from the Stamp with Fun challenge and also combined it with the Crazy Challenge which was to use 3 different papers. I've used some retired SU patterned papers as I am really trying hard to use up some of my stash before buying more (doesn't always work). The image was stamped out using Momentos Cocoa ink pad onto a circle I had cut using my CM cutting system. I've then coloured Alfie in using a combination of Promarkers and Copics. One of the patterened papers was added to a piece of co-ordinating cardstock and I used a Martha Stewart decorative border punch for extra detail. The sentiment is a Kanban one and I used the SU Word Window punch to cut it out. I finally finished it off with some faux stitching and gems.

5 comments:

Rainbow Studio's Rachel and Angela said...

Hi Linda

We just adore this card. Beautiful and bright to match this gorgeous weather. Love your colouring - can't wait to show the real Alfie - he'll be as chuffed as we are!

Thanks - take care

Rachel and Angela
xx

Jill said...

Yes I think you like the Rainbow Studio stamps!! He looks a cute little fella! Jill x

tampatha said...

I love the bright bold colors of this. thanks for joining our challenge at the crazy challenge this week.
Tammy

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Linda, what a gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining our sketch challenge over at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

WeirdCat said...

Very cute, love that edging, thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x