Followers

Thursday, 28 April 2011

Design Dollies Trifecta challenge

Just for a change I have managed to get a couple of LO's completed this week. They are both to go in Logan's album so they are only 8 x 8 ones, but it made a pleasant change from cardmaking. The 1st bath LO I did for the Design Dollies Trifecta challenge - you had to use the sketch provided, the colours lime green, white, orange and royal blue and at least 7 buttons. It's the first time I've completed one of their challenges but it was great fun.

logan album 2

I managed to use up some scraps from just one of my scrap boxes so I'm afraid I don't know the manufacturers. I've used nesties for the title and journalling boxes and inked with SU's Certainly Celery ink pad. I've even given my Cricut machine a dusting off and used the Plantin alphabet for the title. The buttons came from my stash, although the blue buttons were a clear type of blue so I matted them onto some of the royal blue cardstock to bring out the colour of them more.

logan album

The second LO has been a work in progress for a couple of months as I had been waiting for Colette to give me some photos of Tim's dad and brother with Logan. Then when I got the photos I didn't have enough ink in my printer. However, yesterday I finally got to complete it and this was the LO which was on WOYWW. The cardstock, die cut embellishments and papers are SU and I've used my Cricut again, this time using the Winnie the Pooh font I've got. Both the LO's are very simple, but I think Colette will be pleased with them.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Aww great LOs Linda! Jill x

KarenB said...

Oooh I love your take on the Trifecta!! What cute piccies :) I recognise the orange paper - it's from the Prima Dude Collection ;) Thanks for playing along with the Design Dollies x

Saxo Stamper said...

Gorgeous Linda xxx

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful Lo's. I love the bath time one. Very cute. Have a great day!

Sherrie
My Journal
http://sherriesjournal.blogspot.com/2011/05/looking-around.html

karenw said...

Very cute Lo's. He looks like a little sweetie! Love your take on the trifecta esp. xx

wendipooh13 said...

ahhh such a sweet baby page and bath photos!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with the dollies!!!

Scrapamum said...

Great layouts!!! You rocked the Trifecta. Well done!!!
Thanks for playing with the Design Dollies!