Followers

Thursday, 14 April 2011

Connors birthday card

It's our eldest grandsons birthday on Friday and he will be four (can't believe Connor is that old already) and I wanted to make him something a little different for his birthday card. I have to confess that I got the idea for this card from watching Tracy at Just Tracy's a few weeks ago. Tracy was actually using a template which she sells in her shop, but as I didn't have the template I adapted the card slightly so that I could get a similar effect. The rocket moves from side to side, which I think Connor will really enjoy - just hope he's keeps it out of reach of his little sister!
connor bd 2 connor bd 1

The stamps are designed by Rainbow Studios, but are made exclusively for Just Tracy's and can be found in the bricks and mortar shop or online. The stamp sets I've used are Rocketship and Spaceman William - aren't they fun. I've made an 8 x 8 card using two sheets of SU's Sahara Sand cardstock and decorated it with papers from a DCWV paper pad. The circles were cut out using my Creative Memories cutting system and decorated with more DCWV papers. I've stamped the central image and sentiment onto SU's Whipser White cardstock and the spaceship onto So Saffron with SU's Basic Grey ink pad and then coloured in with Promarkers. I used a retired alphabet and number stamp set to go on the spaceship, but this could just have easily been added with peel -offs, but I'm a stamp lover!

3 comments:

Claire x said...

Fab card - love the image and papers. Hugs, Claire x

Saxo Stamper said...

Gorgeous Linda x

Rainbow Studio's Rachel and Angela said...

We think this is totally cool! Your Grandson is going to love this. Really great card layout - and fabby colouring!
Take care - speak soon

Rachel and Angela
xx