Followers

Monday, 28 March 2011

Sew little time....

...despite having not had to work the past two days I'm still late posting this card. This week I have tried to go for a more vintage style card - think there is still some improvement required, but I will persevere! With Mother's Day fast approaching here in the UK I thought I would make this for our mums.
QKD FB 2803
I've used some stamps from the Vintage Sewing rubber stamp set by Ink Stained Ronnie available to buy for Queen Kat Designs and also one of the Lace Border stamps from the Eclectic Reasons. The stamps have been second stamped onto some SU Confetti White cardstock using black Versafine ink and matted onto Baja Breeze and Rose Red. The DS papers are from a new set of SU papers that will be available to order from April - a very pretty set along with some of the new seam binding in Rose Red. I printed the sentiment out using word on the computer and tried to add some faux stitching around the edges. The buttons came from my stash. All I need to do now is duplicate the card so that I have another one for Ian's mum!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Lovely card Linda! I love the ruffled edging and the 'sewing'. Hope you are all ok and the working 'week' goes quickly! Jill x

Saxo Stamper said...

Nice Job Linda, lovely colours K xx

Lynn's scraps said...

A really nice card Linda i am sure your mum will like it Lynn

My name is Wynneth said...

This is lovely Linda, so nice to see the new stamps you were playing with on Monday turn into a finished project. I'm going to have to check those out for myself I think as there are some nice elements in it. Loving the ruffled ribbon/seam binding and it's such a pretty colour. Really nice mpapers too - roll on April !!
hugs
wynneth
x