Followers

Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Workshop Hostess Gift

It may seem from the lack of posts on my blog that I've not done much crafting lately - but that isn't the case, it's just a lot of what I have been working on I can't post until next month as it's DT work. I'm doing an SU workshop on Friday evening and tonight I have been making this little gem for a hostess gift by way of thanking her for hosting the event. The idea came from the Sunny Stampin' Projects e-mail that I subscribe to on Andrea Walfords fantastic blog. Trust me it is well worth subscribing to.
tea chest
I've used one of my favourite sets of DSP's from SU called Newsprint and Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler cardstock. The ribbon roses were made with the retired Bravo Burgandy grosgrain ribbon with an adhesive rhinestone in the centre of each of them. I've also used one of the sentiments from the Tiny Tags stamps set. I think I may be making a few more of these as I really enjoyed putting this together. Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Oh wow Linda, that is gorgeous! You are going to have to give me a reminder lesson on making those roses! See you Saturday Jill x

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Linda

It's lovely but I'm not sure what it is.

k x

Faye said...

Wow Linda, this is amazing. Hope the party goes well. xxx

Jay said...

Hello Linda,

Love the 'box' would you show me how to do it please? I would like mine to be in turquoise and grey to match the kitchen!!!

Thank you for Saturday, I enjoyed it very much. You will have to fill it with white tea and pomegranate or a mixture so each one would be a surprise. J.x

Heli said...

looks fab Linda. very inspiring:)

My name is Wynneth said...

This is fabulous Linda - care to share the 'how to' with me on Monday ? LOL
hugs
wynneth
x