Followers

Monday, 14 February 2011

Happy Valentines Day

queen kat critters

Ian and myself came to a mutual agreement this year that we wouldn't be 'doing' Valentines Day this year (in the past one of us has and the other hasn't leaving the opposite feeling bad) - that doesn't mean we don't care because we do. Having said that I did make this card using the cute Key Critters stamp set from Queen Kat Designs which I would gladly have given to Ian as it is suitably soppy and does convey how I feel about him - even after all these years!!!

I've used just one of the images from the Key Critters set - there are three altogether, but this one fitted perfectly into the centre of the new die tag I bought recently. There are also three lovely sentiments that come with this set and I have stamped out two of the sentiments - You hold the key and Key to my heart, but have cut them down into individual words to make the sentiment I wanted to include on the card. I've coloured the little Critter in using SU ink pads in the same tones as the cardstock and patterned paper. Quite clean and simple again but perfect for Valentines day or again as an anniversary card too.
Supplies
Key Critters from Queen Kat Designs
SU Paper from Bold Brights paper stack
SU Regal Rose cardstock
SU Blushing Bride, Regal Rose and Real Red ink pads
Momento black ink pad
Marianne D Creatables Labels
SU Real Red satin ribbon

3 comments:

Jill said...

Aww Linda that is such a lovely card. I really like your critter and the sentiment is just sooooo nice. Jill x

Faye said...

Linda!! I've been watching your other blog and nothing. I've e-mailed you and nothing. If you've been avoiding me, you are sooooo caught out! Love the card btw! Oh and on the off chance that you may have e-mailed me, I don't have dave and faye anymore...
xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

It's just beautiful Linda - you've made this stamp set come alive ! Loving that fancy tag shape too, I've been looking at that myself and resisting so far...... !
hugs
wynneth
x