Followers

Sunday, 6 February 2011

A birthday card for a very dear friend of ours.

Yesterday it was our dear friend Karen's birthday and this is the card I sent to her to celebrate the occasion. A big thank you to Annie who while at Westpoint last week had bought this stamp and was showing us at one of our coffee breaks. I just knew it would be the perfect stamp for Karen so I went and bought it before leaving the show. I've created my own background on the base card with some flowers from a couple of Dawn Bibby stamps sets. I cut out the nestie shapes to stamp the camper van onto and then matted it onto cardstock and patterned papers. I've coloured it in using a blender pen and SU ink pads. The sentiments came from January's Little Claire stamp club that I belong to - again just perfect for Karen. I hope it arrived in time and that Karen liked it and had a wonderful birthday.


karens bd

Supplies

Camper van stamp

Sentiments from Little Claire

SU patterned paper and cardstock (retired)

SU River Rock, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Basic Grey ink pads

Ribbon from stash

Nesties

3 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Linda

Thank you so much for your wonderful card - and like you say totally perfect for me xx It's beautiful and thank you for making me feel special.

Love K xxx

Annie said...

a fabby card Linda! and you got this little VW camper inked and coloured before me!!
hugs, annie x

My name is Wynneth said...

It's fabulous Linda and I'm sure Karen loved it :O)

That is a great stamp and I love all the retro effect colours/papers etc.
hugs
wynneth
x