Followers

Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Christmas challenges and catch up.

This week I have managed to combine the Jingle Belles challenge and Craftyhazelnuts challenge so am really pleased. I've also managed to catch up on Hazels challenge from last week so it has meant I've made 12 Christmas cards this week so I'm even further ahead with my Christmas cardmaking!

jingle belles 4
The challenge for Jingle Belles this week was to use light pink, dark pink and lime green. I've had these gorgeous Anna Griffin papers for over a year now and not used them so they worked perfectly for this challenge (and justified my buying of them). The challenge for Hazel was to add some bling, so I have added tiny little gems to the edge of the scalloped border.
Supplies
SU Typeset Alphabet (now retired)
Anna Griffin papers and cardstock,
Gems and ribbon from stash
SU Scallop square punch and CM square punch
I want to try and do cards for both of these great challenges and was most frustrated that I didn't do one for Hazels last week, but as I've had this week off from work I have managed to catch up with her challenges. The challenge was to incorporate a tree in the design. I came across a Papermania double sided paper while looking for something else (as you do) and the whole page was covered in the circles with Partridges in Pear Trees - perfect. I'm trying to keep the designs simple so all I've done is cut out a decorative circle with a set of nesties I got for Christmas and then added the Merry Christmas stamp to the left of the design.
hazels 3
Supplies
Papermania double sided paper
Red foil card
SU Contempo Christmas greeting
Nesties and CM circle cutting system

13 comments:

Alli said...

Very pretty cards!
TFS!

Hazel said...

Oh wow! You are certainly getting on with your Christmas cards - both sets of great - love all the white space on the tree one - very classy. Thank you for joining in my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

Dawn said...

OMGOODNESS!! Your cards are absolutely fabulous! I love them all!!!

Rosemary said...

These cards are beautiful - I love how you used the Jingle Belles color inspiration and the touches of bling are pretty pretty! 12 cards this week? I'm patting myself on the back for getting one done! Good for you!

Jill said...

Wow Linda, how impressive is that with the Christmas card tally!!! Really love both your designs! Jill x

lauren bergold said...

holy ♥WOW♥ you are sooooooooooo on an xmas card roll! your pink and green JINGLE BELLES cards are FAB-♥U♥-LOUS! (how do you stamp so *NEATLY*?!) and yes...you definitely DEFINITELY needed those AG papers...they're the PERFECT thing! i adore your CHNC "tree" cards, as well; so brilliantly and perfectly "clean and simple"...yet totally lovely!

SmilynStef said...

I absolutely adore your NOEL design ... so very pretty and you combined the colors with perfect design balance ... thanks for joining us on our jingle belle journey.

Susan said...

both these cards are beautiful

Lorraine said...

Two wonderful designs. The pink and green is beautiful - you did a great job with those colors. And the tree card - love the simplicity of it. Great find with the paper.

Jeanne said...

Oh how awesome I love your cards!!

lisa said...

Your work (ALL OF IT!) is just STUNNING! Anyone would be happy (and proud) to receive these as gifts from you.

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Linda, these are just beautiful

K x

My name is Wynneth said...

These are two fabulous designs Linda - you are certainly getting on well with your christmas card stock - I need to get going with mine. What a brillian idea to do a batch of each design. I think out of the two, my favourite is the second one - but then I am very 'into' white space at the moment!!! LOL
hugs
wynneth
x