Followers

Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Art Journal

The idea of an Art Journal was also gained from blog hopping - never having done one before I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I've decided I'm just going to try and do it as a diary with little snippets of my life, whether it's things I've done or something that may have happened in the world which I'd like to go into my journal - to me it's going to be an anything goes journal - nothing too fancy at the moment though.

I've decided to use A4 card and divided it into three segments so that each entry isn't going to take me ages to fill each day - that way I might even be able to keep it going all through the year - yeah right I hear those of you that know me say! I'm going to pop the pages into pockets and put it into an A4 ring binder and decorate the binder at some stage.
Art Journal 1
I managed to crawl out from my bed this morning at 7 - great for me. It has meant that I have already been able to enjoy eating my breakfast while watching the news, create the 3rd entry for my Art Journal (didn't have the energy last night) and do the small amount of ironing I had in the basket as well as put this post up. Amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it - again not sure how long this new motivation I seem to have found will last, but hopefully for some time yet.
Time to go and fill the car up with some petrol and then go into work. Hope you all have a nice day whatever you may be doing.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Great idea that Art Journal - I shall look forward to seeing it. My goodness you were very industrious at that time in the morning, when I am slumped in front of the computer!! Jill x

My name is Wynneth said...

This is a great idea Linda, I've been thinking of starting an Art Journal myself for some time and you might just have prompted me to have a go myself!!! Promised myself to take the plunge and do some scrapbooking this year too!!!
Looking forward to seeing you saturday.
hugs
wynneth
x