Followers

Friday, 8 October 2010

Two challenges in one - for a change!

I think I can submit this card for two challenges - firstly a very new one to me called Joan's Gardens which you had to use a vertical strip of paper, alter the background card/paper in some way, die cut flower and a swirl. It also fits in nicely with the Cute Card Thursday challenge, which was to create your own embellishments.
joans garden
Supplies
SU Wild Wasabi & Whisper White cardstock
Coredinations cardstock and scrap of patterened paper (DCWV?)
SU Season of Joy Stamp set & Unity sentiment
SU Gold Embossing Powder
SU Cherry Cobbler ink pad
Marianne poinsetta die cut & Nestabilites Labels 1 (I think)
Gold brad

6 comments:

Annie said...

I love that fabulous poinsettia flower Linda! a glorious festive card, great papers and colours. thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
enjoy the weekend.
hugs, annie x

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Such a wonderful card! Really beautiful Holiday card! I love the colors you chose to work with!

Jill said...

Really gorgeous colours Linda and I love the background of your blog as well! Jill x

Joan Fricker said...

this is very, very pretty. I love your embossing and your flower is perfect, especially the way you used the same paper as the strip.
Great job!

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #18 Weekly Challenge. I love seeing all the beautiful creativity.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Julie said...

Just lovely! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

My name is Wynneth said...

Beautiful Linda, I see you've got into the nesties and Marianne's then!!!!
hugs
wynneth
x