Followers

Friday, 1 October 2010

New Stamps & New Papers from the NEW SU catalogue

My idea this time - I will be demonstrating this card during the October workshops. It's going to be one of those cards you either love or hate - for me the jury is still out, but I'm swaying now to the "I quite like it now!" I just wanted to show off some of the lovely new papers from SU - this set probably most people wouldn't use for Christmas - probably sticking to more arty cards. However, when I saw the numbers paper I thought of the twelve days of Christmas and the music paper made me think of Christmas carols. I also wanted to mix contemporary with a bit of artyness and make people think outside the box (something I don't always do either).
su new papers
Supplies
SU Basic Black & Very Vanilla Cardstock
SU Basic Black ink pad
SU Contempo Christmas Stamp Set
SU Season of Joy Stamp Set
SU Newsprint DS Papers
SU 1/8 inch Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon
SU Neutrals Brad

3 comments:

Jill said...

I have to say that I really like it. Its all that layering that makes it for me and I love that Christmas tree! Jill x

kasia c. said...

This card is soooo pretty! I love the look of just black & white.

Stefanie said...

Love your card, the idea with the music paper is so great, never thought of it! Black and white cards rock!! ;)

Greets, Stefanie