Tuesday, 21 October 2014

This evenings progress

I have completed another bauble – well apart from some gold backstitching which I will do when all the main stitching is complete.  Fingers crossed tomorrow I will try and get the pom pom on the penguins hat finished as it is only one colour to be filled in so no counting.  This is just as well as I will be crafting with my friends tomorrow and my concentration skills are not always that great when I’m stitching with others!  I’m also hoping that by trying to post an updated picture every day might just help with the final push to get this completed asap.

Monday, 20 October 2014

Quick stitching update

I was able to get a fair amount of stitching done in the evenings while we had our little break away (which already seems a distant memory) and I have finally got round to picking it up again this evening.  Just two small baubles, a small parcel, a star and the name border to go.

Thursday, 2 October 2014

CAS(E) this sketch #94

Another Christmas card made, this time using the sketch from the CAS(E) this sketch challenge.  I’ve used one of the Sheena Douglas embossing folders to create the patterned background.  One of my favourite SU stamp sets Mosaic Madness which I have stamped out nine times and used gold embossing powder.  These were then punched out using the co-coordinating  punch.  The sentiment came from SU and is a freebie at the moment with a qualifying order.  Is my cardmaking Mojo finally coming back  - I certainly hope so as I still have lots of Christmas cards to make so i am hoping to keep on finding inspiring blog challenges to keep the momentum going.

Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #4–Sketch challenge

The sun is shining brightly in my garden so it felt a bit strange taking a photo of my Christmas card.  The card was made for this weeks Paperbabes sketch challenge.  I’m very pleased as I have made this card using scraps from my stash – I am trying very hard not to buy anymore papers as I have more than enough to make Christmas cards with for quite a few years.  Unfortunately I don’t have the same resolve as far as stamps are concerned and I have used the Bottle Brush Tree stamp set from Paperbabes to make the card with.  I love how you can stamp the tree and then add all the other elements in whatever colours you wish.  I have decided to go with traditional reds. greens and golds for my card.
September went by in a whirl, hopefully October will be a little more sedate for me.  Having said that I have a scrapbooking retreat to look forward to this weekend and no surprises when I say I haven’t even printed out any photos yet.  When I get back from the retreat we are having a few days away in a holiday cottage in Dorset – hopefully the weather will remain dry and we can get out and about for nice walks with Max.  I have couple of workshops to go to at Scrapbook Magic to see what mischief I can get up to there. 

Dad has a hospital appointment this month when his health situation will be reviewed – I’m not holding out much hope that we will be any further forward as he is still being cared for twice a week by the district nurses for an ongoing problem and we were told they wouldn’t be able to operate until that had cleared up.  Hey ho!

Friday, 19 September 2014

A wonderful surprise after the grocery shopping

Today I had to go grocery shopping – not one of my favourite tasks.  I hate having to think of what to eat for the coming weeks so it was wonderful to find the postman had delivered a surprise package to me. 
This lovely package came from Lynda Ruth of Purple Pixie Dust blog – all the way from Cananda.  Inside the lovely green soft padded bag (which will be very useful for carrying around my stitching threads, scissors and glasses) was a beautiful stitched pillow with the words ‘give love’.  The stitching and finish are gorgeous and it also has the additions of some tiny, pretty shells and pebbles/rocks/glass.  Also included was a selection of shells and stones and a beautiful pin with a picture of Green Gables.  I had once mentioned on Lynda’s blog after she had visited Prince Edward Island that Anne of Green Gables was one of my favourite books.  This will be added to my small collection of wildlife pins on my everyday handbag.  Some fruit tea, a Canada pencil and body lotion was also included along with the sweet butterfly card.

I am truly thankful Lynda and it has certainly brightened up my day – you are so very kind and thoughtful.

Thursday, 18 September 2014

Penguin update

It’s been a little while since I have worked on the stocking but the penguin has now almost got his hat finished to keep him warm this winter – just the pom pom and some of the trim left to do.  A few presents and baubles remain and the name band – I am feeling optimistic that I will get it completed in time for this Christmas after all.

Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Bell Witch–Part 2 completed

I have finally managed to complete Part 2 of the Halloween SAL from Primitive Hare.  This is Bell Witch and I am loving the primitive look.  Part 3 arrived in my inbox earlier in the month and I am hoping to make a start on it later this week but I don’t think I will get it completed before the end of September.  I will certainly try my best to do as much as possible before Part 4 arrives.
My new stamps from Paperbabe stamps arrived today – always such quick service and they look fabulous.  Fingers crossed I will get to play with them later in the week as well.  Always so much to do on my list and never enough time!